Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vacany & Website Launch!

I don't know what this is going to go along with, but it's the beginning of a new chapter for me and hopefully one that will end happily. Other than that, I have a website now. It's not much, but I'm working on it when I get the time and am learning in the process. Check it out at: http://nicoleeasterwood.yolasite.com/. Until then, here's to new beginnings and an early kick-off to National Poetry Month!

Vacancy
Nicole Easterwood

I would have never thought
spacious would be in my vocabulary.
A crammed and closed heart
Suddenly,
willingly
opened.

It came a time not to push away,
not to fight off.
Time to feel how easy
it should be.
The right person.
Wanting to see my phone light up
to mimic my face.

Giving myself room.
Room to breathe.
Room to think.
Room to feel alive.
Room to miss you.
Room to fall for you
and give you a chance
to mend the pieces
that have been broken
for far too long.

Most of all,
room to fill the vacancy.
The room that had
turned away visitors,
an underclass roach motel
remodeled royal wedding suite
just for your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment